The Activo-Med Wave-Light-Pulse therapy cluster and pen works using PEMF therapy plus red and infrared super luminous LED diodes. They are used to trigger normal cell function.
How do the LEDs help heal?
The super luminous LEDs emit concentrated light at specific wavelengths to provide therapeutic benefits without adverse side effects. The red lights work at wavelengths of 635nm and penetrate tissue to a depth of approx. 10mm. This is good for the healing of problems close to the skins surface, e.g. wounds, cuts, scars. The infrared light works at a wavelength of 950nm and penetrates to a depth of approx. 40mm, working well to help with bone, joint and deep muscle tissue.
The Science behind the LED Super Luminous Therapy
The LEDs are set up on the control box to pulse at specific frequencies suitable for the ailment they are treating. The part of the cell that is benefiting from the light therapy is called the ‘mitochondria’. This is the cells powerhouse that produces all the energy that the cell requires to function. When the mitochondria absorb the light therapy they produce two substances, ATP (an immediate energy source for muscles) and ROS (which releases nitric oxide, leading to gene transcription, protein production, and growth of cells and support systems).
The therapeutic effects of the treatment:
- – Increases blood capillary circulation and vascular activity, accelerating the natural tissue healing processes
- – Relaxes muscles, reduces nerve excitability and stimulates nerve transmission
- – Reduces scar tissue and stimulates wound healing
- – Stimulates cellular reproduction and facilitates accelerated replacement of damaged cells.
- – Increases production of endorphins and enkephelins (a pentapeptie molecule) from the brain promoting pain reduction and mood elevation
- – Reduces inflammation and swelling in chronic conditions of arthritis, bursitis, and tendonitis
- – Stimulates fibroblastic activity – promoting repair of connective tissue and formation of collagen fibers
- – Stimulates tissue granulation and connective tissue formation – an important process in the healing of wounds, ulcers and inflamed tissues
- – Increases lymphatic system activity and relieves edema and discomfort associated with swelling
- – Stimulates production of collagen—the most important component of wound healing
The Activo-Med light therapy equipment uses the effective super luminous LED therapy but also benefits from having a PEMF coil within the unit. To learn more about PEMF and what is does click here.