Wave-Light-Pulse Therapy can be used for muscular, tendon and ligament injuries, bumps, bruises, oedemas, cuts, wounds, arthritis, fractures and splints.
WLP Therapy works very well in conjunction with the Pulsed Electromagnetic Therapy (PEMF) also present in our Light Therapy Products. The Light Therapy Cluster for example is a powerful combination of 24 infrared and 24 red diodes together with an inbuilt PEMF spool. It is fully adjustable by intensity and frequency, and is based on the latest supralight LED technology.
- WLP provides local therapy to a specific area
- The therapy uses infrared and red light therapy along with PEMF
- It can be used to help accelerate the healing of wounds, muscles, ligaments, tendons, odemas and bruises, and can also be used to help relieve pain
- WLP can also be used on areas vulnerable to injury, depending on the horse’s work
- Infrared and red light of the correct wavelength applied for the correct duration can help to stimulate body cells and, this can be targeted to a specific area. Different types of light penetrate to different depths due to the wavelength. PEMF Therapy works on a cellular repair level stimulating cells to work more efficiently and repair quicker
- Laser therapy in the true form is different to light therapy. ‘Hot’ lasers are more powerful and while that makes treatment time shorter, there is the potential to damage the cells if the laser is applied for too long. For this reason, professional laser equipment should only be used by trained professionals, such as physiotherapists or veterinarians.